If you want to get a prepaid debit card, you may be overwhelmed by all the choices. Many people we talk to don’t even know where to begin. How do you know whether a prepaid debit card is a good deal? To help you decide, we’ve evaluated dozens of prepaid cards and picked the top choices to list here.
Green Dot Prepaid MasterCard and Visa–Best for Free ATM Usage Green Dot is the most popular prepaid card, used by millions of consumers. Green Dot has a large network of over 18,000 ATMs where you can withdraw money from your account for free. Green Dot also offers a $10 bonus when you sign up for direct deposit, which is free. And you can reload the card at over 50,000 retailers nationwide.
- Read our review of the Green Dot card
- Write a review of the Green Dot Card
- Visit the Green Dot official website
Account Now Gold Visa® Prepaid Card–Best for Online Bill PayWith the Account Now Gold Visa® Prepaid Card, you get free online bill pay. AccountNow also offers a $25 cash bonus when you sign up for direct deposit. There are no credit checks or Chexsystems verification to get the card. The AccountNow Gold card is accepted anywhere that takes Visa, and you can get approved for the card in under 60 seconds.
- Read our review of the Account Now Gold Visa® Prepaid Card
- Write a review of the Account Now Gold Visa® Prepaid Card
- Visit the Account Now Gold Visa® Prepaid Card official site
UPside Visa® Prepaid Card–Best for Teens The UPside Visa® Prepaid Card for teens is an ideal card for teenagers and students. It’s safer than case, allows for full parental control, and even offers instant online funding for emergencies. UPside offers several low fee and no fee options, depending on card activity. These plans include the UPside Clear, UPside Edge, and UPside Access, each with different fee and feature plans to give you the maximum flexibility in picking the prepaid card that’s right for you and your teen.
- Read our review of the Student UPside Visa Card
- Write a review of the Student UPside Visa Card
- Visit the UPside Visa® Prepaid Card official site