The BuyRIGHT Prepaid MasterCard® is a prepaid card that is available to anyone regardless of their credit history. It doesn’t matter if you have good or bad credit history you can still be approved for this card. This card is not a line of credit. Instead, you make deposits to the account and the amount you deposit is your available balance. Once you spend the money you can make another deposit. You can even have your paycheck or government check automatically deposited to the account.
- New – Choose your card design at no extra cost
- Guaranteed Rewards – you can pick iTunes, RedBox, Cash, Starbucks and More
- Special Reload Offer – Receive a Credit of the Green Dot MoneyPak® fee the first time you try it.*
- Free Direct Deposit, Online bill pay, Earn rewards.
- No bounced check fees or overdraft fees – Ever
- Travel, rent cars, reserve hotels, shop online safely.
- Unbelievable customer service.
The BuyRIGHT Prepaid MasterCard® can be used anywhere MasterCard debit is accepted. You can make purchases with the card, shop online, or pay bills. It is easy to add funds to the card even offers a special bonus to those that refer their friend or family members. The card also provides the BuyRight Resource Center which provides card members daily credit advice and free information to help you improve your credit. The card even offers a unique rewards program for its card members.
Loading the Card
When it comes to adding funds to your account you have several options.
- Direct Deposit:You can sign up for direct deposit and have your paycheck or government check deposited to your account automatically every payday. There are great advantages to direct deposit like you don’t have to spend time or money cashing your check.
- Adding Cash: You can use a Green Dot Money Pak to load your card with cash. Your first reload is free – Green Dot will refund the MoneyPak fee (up to $4.95) onto your BuyRight Card within 14 business days of the date of reload.
- Bank Transfer:You can transfer money from an existing bank account for a fee (see fees table below).
The card offers a rewards program and you can earn BuyRIGHT Points. You get these points when you use your BuyRIGHT Prepaid MasterCard® for everyday spending. You can use your BuyRIGHT Points towards the purchase of wireless airtime, internet, long distance, ring tones and music downloads. Every time you use your BuyRIGHT Prepaid MasterCard® to make a purchase, you earn 1 BuyRIGHT Point for every $1 spent. At anytime you can check to see how many points you have by going to www.MyBuyRIGHT.com and logging in to your account. You can use your points towards purchases at iTunes, RedBox, Cash, Starbucks and others. You choose how you want to use your points by logging in to your online account.
BuyRight Bonus Offer
One unique feature the BuyRIGHT Prepaid MasterCard® offers its members the the friends and family referral program. If you refer a friend or family member, they apply for the card and get approved, then you get a $25 bonus added to your account. You can actually refer up to 50 people which means you could get a bonus of $1,250. In order to be eligible you have to meet this criteria.
The card offers an online bill pay service called Click-n-Pay. You can make one time payments or reoccurring payments to any company or person. Payments are made electronically or BuyRight issues a paper check on your behalf. Once you make a payment the balance is deducted from your account automatically so you always know where you are with your account balance. There is no charge for electronic payments, but paper check payments cost $0.50 per check.
BuyRight Resource Center
The BuyRight Resource Center is a money management resource provided to card members. The purpose of the center is to be a learning tool and teach about credit and finances. It covers things like credit scores, budgets, and over all money management. It is just one extra perk that card members get for being part of the BuyRight program.
The card is a prepaid card which means it does not charge interest, late fees, or overdraft fees. There are still fess you should be aware of. The table below illustrates some of those fees, but you should refer to the terms and conditions of the card for a complete list.
|ATM Withdrawal & Bank Teller Cash Withdrawal||$2.00 & $4.50|
|Domestic Pin Transaction||$1.00|
|Domestic Decline (PIN)||$0.50|
|Reload at Retail Location||Varies by retail partner|
|ATM Withdraw International||$5.00|
|U.S. ATM Balance Inquiry||$1.00|