The Walmart MoneyCardSM MasterCard® Prepaid Card is a prepaid card that can be used everywhere MasterCard debit is accepted. Anyone can apply for this card regardless of credit history, even if you have bad credit. A unique feature of the card is the rewards program. For a limited time, the card is giving members a $10 bonus when you sign up for direct deposit. The card is ideal for those that are seeking a prepaid card and want to shop online, pay bills, and get cash at ATMs. Here are some of the benefits of the card:
- No issuance fee online
- No credit check or bank account required
- No overdraft fees
- No minimum balance required
- Free Direct Deposit
- Use everywhere MasterCard debit is accepted, including shop online, pay bills, get cash at ATMs
The rewards programs rewards those who make gasoline purchases with your card. Before using your card to make a pay at the pump purchase you will want at least $75 in your account. You can earn 1% cash back for all gas purchases nationwide. This 1% cash back offer is valid until December 31, 2011. You will receive your cash back on the last day of your billing cycle and your cash will be added to your Card balance.
Like with all prepaid cards, you have to load funds to the card before you can make purchases with the card. You can reload the card as often as you want, but there are some stipulations on the amount you can add. Excluding direct deposits from your employer, the minimum amount that may be loaded to a Walmart MoneyCard in a single reload is $20 and the maximum amount that may be loaded to a Walmart MoneyCard in a single reload is $1,100 (or $2,999 if you load the proceeds from a check cashed at Walmart). The maximum amount that may be loaded to a Walmart MoneyCard on a day is $3,000. There are several ways to load funds:
- Load Cash: Load cash at a WalMart store for a $3 charge.
- Direct Deposit: With direct deposit, your paycheck will be automatically transferred from your employer or benefits provider to your mPower Visa Prepaid Card on every payday. Social Security, SSI, state disability, and other federal and state benefit programs all offer direct deposit. Most employers offer direct deposit as an option to receive your pay versus a paper check. This service is free.
- Online Bank Transfer: You can transfer funds from your bank account, credit union, or other financial institution for free.
- Green Dot® MoneyPak®: Load cash onto your card at thousands of Green Dot® MoneyPak® retail locations. You can pick up one at thousands of locations across the country and the charge varies.
There are fees associated with using the Walmart MoneyCard(SM) MasterCard® Prepaid Card. To see a complete list of fees you should refer to the card terms and conditions.
How To Apply for the Walmart MoneyCard(SM) MasterCard® Prepaid Card
Applying for this prepaid card is quick and easy. We’ve provided a link below that will take you to the official Walmart MoneyCard(SM) MasterCard® Prepaid Card website. From this page, you can click on the apply now button and you can get started with the application process. Anyone can apply for this card regardless of your past credit history.
To get started, visit the Walmart MoneyCardSM MasterCard® Prepaid Card official website.