The Walmart MoneyCardSM Visa® is a prepaid Visa offered by WalMart in conjunction with Green Dot. As a prepaid Visa card, there are no credit checks or bank accounts required, and there are no overdraft fees, over limit fees, or interest charges. The Walmart MoneyCardSM Visa® Prepaid Card is accepted everywhere Visa debit cards are worldwide, and they’re easy to reload.
Here are some of the key benefits of the Walmart MoneyCardSM Visa® Prepaid Card :
- No issuance fee online
- No credit check or bank account required
- No overdraft fees
- No minimum balance required
- Free Direct Deposit
- Use everywhere Visa debit is accepted, including shop online, pay bills, get cash at ATMs
How to reload your Walmart MoneyCardSM Visa® Prepaid Card
The Walmart MoneyCardSM Visa® Prepaid Card offers a variety of ways to reload your card, whether it’s online, or in person. Listed below are the flexible reload options available for the MoneyCard.
- With cash at Wal-Mart ($3 reload fee): Swipe your card at the register of any participating Walmart store. The amount you load will be instantly available. Load any amount from $20 to $1,100.
- By check at Wal-Mart: Cash your eligible pre-printed Payroll or Government Check at Walmart and load all or part of your money with no reload fees. Enjoy the convenience of one-stop shopping right where you reload your card. Load any amount from $20 to $1,500. (Not available in CT, NJ, NY, or RI.)
- Direct Deposit: When you enroll in direct deposit, load all or part of your paycheck. Enjoy having your money automatically available on your Card as of the check’s payment date with no reload fees.
- With a MoneyPak: Purchase a MoneyPak at participating Wal-Mart stores. After you purchase the MoneyPak and provide the load amount to the cashier, you can go online to walmartmoneycard.com to reload your card.
- With an Online Bank Transfer: Add money online from a bank, credit union or other financial institution through an electronic money transfer. Enjoy the convenience of reloading your Card from work or home with no reload fees.
- With Wal-Mart Money Center Express ($3 reload fee): Get more than just ATM withdrawals with your Wal-Mart Money Card. Add cash to your Card, check your balance and even purchase money orders and phone cards with fewer lines and less waiting. Find a Wal-Mart Money Center Express machine at the front of participating Wal-Mart stores near Customer Service and Wal-Mart Money Centers.
There are several card features that distinguish the Walmart MoneyCardSM Visa® Prepaid Card from many other prepaid credit cards:
- No purchase transaction fees.
- The Visa zero liability policy protects you from unauthorized purchases, fraud and theft if your Wal-Mart Money Card is ever lost or stolen.
- No issuance fee.
- No overdraft fee.
You can compare the Walmart MoneyCardSM Visa® Prepaid Card to our extensive list of free and no fee prepaid credit cards.
Walmart MoneyCardSM Visa® Prepaid Card Fees
Every prepaid credit card comes with fees. The best cards have low fees, and even offer ways to use the card for free depending on how much you load on the card each month. The Walmart MoneyCardSM Visa® Prepaid Card, while not completely free, offers a low fees.