Uber Visa Debit Card–An Account Just for Uber Drivers
The Uber Visa Debit Card isn’t quite prepaid and isn’t quite checking. But it has a lot of the benefits of both and is designed just for Uber drivers.
The Uber Visa Debit Card is a bank account designed just for Uber drivers. The account doesn’t look like a traditional checking account though.
Unlike a traditional checking account, the Uber Visa Debit Card account emphasizes debit card and app-driven features, not checks and brick and mortar bank locations. There are no overdraft fees. And those that have difficulty qualifying for a traditional checking account can still apply for the Uber Visa account.
Sounds a lot like a prepaid debit card–doesn’t it? That’s because it’s offered by GoBank–the issuer of the Green Dot prepaid card.
For Uber drivers, it offers some key benefits:
- Uber drivers can transfer earnings from their Uber account to their GoBank Uber Visa account instantly and for free.
- The Uber Visa account offers selected cash back rewards. With offers from retailers like Walmart, Jiffy Lube, and Advanced Auto Parts, the rewards are designed for drivers.
- Free cash deposits at Walmart
- Free ATM withdrawals at GoBank’s ATM network with over 42,000 locations
- Checks available for $5.95 for a pack of 12