FamZoo Prepaid Card Review
FamZoo makes using a prepaid card a family affair. The card’s big draw is that it offers tools that help parents give their kids a financial education in real-time. Is this card a solid option for families looking to help adults and kids stay on a budget and handle funds responsibly? Take a look at the card’s features and fees.
A Look at the FamZoo Prepaid Card
FamZoo advertises its prepaid card as being ideal for kids from preschool through college. Of course, it’s a financial product that’s intended to be supervised and managed by parents. The feature that distinguishes this card from the others available in the prepaid realm is that it offers a way to set up and divert money to separate accounts for categories like spending, saving, investing, and giving. Here’s a look at the key things to know about the FamZoo prepaid card:
- No hidden fees
- No overdraft fees
- Free card loading options
- Supports all three major digital wallets–Apple Pay, Google Pay, and Samsung Pay
Parents can retain control of the card and account at all times. They can also set up special accounts for monthly allowances or payments for chores. This card can be ordered online without a credit check.
Adding Funds to FamZoo
There are several methods you can use to load money to a FamZoo card. You can load your card using a checking account and bank transfer. You can also add money to the card automatically by utilizing direct deposit. Here are some other options:
- FamZoo provides a Reload @ the Register option that allows you to add money at retail locations like Walmart, Rite Aid, 7-Eleven, Walgreens, and more
- Cash can be brought to MoneyPak retail locations and loaded to the card
- You can load the card via a PayPal transfer
- FamZoo also support transfers from apps like Venmo and Apple Cash
The FamZoo Prepaid Card rewards account holders who pay in advance. There are several options to choose from when setting up monthly fee payments for the card. Here’s a look at how monthly pricing breaks down:
- $5.99 per family when you pay each month
- $4.33 per family when you pay $25.99 in advance for six months
- $3.33 per family when you pay $39.99 in advance for 12 months
- $2.50 per family when you pay $59.99 in advance for 24 months
A family that orders four cards can potentially pay as little as 63 cents in monthly fees per card. Kids under the age of 12 cannot have a card issued in their own name. However, a parent can order a separate card that can be used to track purchases or donations made on a child’s behalf. Teens between the ages of 13 and 17 will need to go through an online verification process before FamZoo issues their cards.
The Final Word on the FamZoo Card
FamZoo offers a one-stop-shop for families looking to make payments easily, manage funds, share money, track purchases, and stay organized. It is drastically different from most other prepaid options because it allows cardholders to create incentives and develop good financial habits. For families, the per-person monthly rate is quite reasonable. The first month is free when you sign up and order a card.